Named for the Spanish word for basket, Prima Alpca Canasta is an appealing, nubby woven design. An earthen, elegant weave that’s not too heavy nor too light, Canasta makes a great choice for upholstery, bedding, upholstered walls as well as draperies, table covers and room dividers. Two naturally hued colorways emphasize the organic sensibility of this velvety soft fabric.
- Reflects light and resists solar radiation
- Does not retain water
- Does not create static
- Is resistant to breaking and pilling
- Has a natural affinity for color
- Is hypoallergenic
- Is stronger, warmer and lighter than wool
- Is silky against the skin and velvety to the touch
Prima Alpaca is always in stock.
Because our Prima Alpaca textiles are woven from natural – and not synthetic – fibers, they have characteristic irregularities that are considered part of their charm. The variation in dark and light fibers adds depth and movement to otherwise what would be a flat and dull surface. They also make each yard subtly distinctive and special.