An unbelievably soft, Prima Alpaca-silk blend, Prima Alpaca Rayas is an easy, flowing fabric that catches light with its loose weave and boasts a supremely soft hand. Ideal for many applications including room dividers and window treatments, Rayas also works well when railroaded.
- Reflects light and resists solar radiation
- Does not retain water
- Does not create static
- Is resistant to breaking and pilling
- Has a natural affinity for color
- Is hypoallergenic
- Is stronger, warmer and lighter than wool
- Is silky against the skin and velvety to the touch
Prima Alpaca is always in stock.
Because our Prima Alpaca textiles are woven from natural – and not synthetic – fibers, they have characteristic irregularities that are considered part of their charm. The variation in dark and light fibers adds depth and movement to otherwise what would be a flat and dull surface. They also make each yard subtly distinctive and special.